23 July 2009

Product Review - Australian Wildflowers Quilt




It has been an absolute joy working with the 1895 Bali Fabrics selected by Australian Wildflowers Quilt Designer and Botanical Artist, Val Moore, to make a sample block of Christmas Bells. First pre-wash the fabrics - I just soaked them in ice-cream containers. A bit of dye did come out of some of them so I do recommend this step. The great thing about these fabrics is you get many shades from the one piece of material so you can select what suits to get the shading dimensional look, if you wish to. I have all the fusing done and my block is now ready to machine applique. I have the Madiera Treasure Chest of rayon threads to select from. I am looking forward to this next step. All I need is more spare time.

Catherine Porter.

No comments: